Jan 21, 2010

Toys! Toys! Everywhere Toys!


OK.  We all know a few things about me.

1.  We know that I'm more attached to my kids toys than they are.
2.  We know that I don't feel good until all the pieces for a certain toy or type of toy are all together. (I'm not a separatist, I swear!)
3. We know that I'm not good about making my kids clean up after themselves, and then THIS happens:



And THIS happens:




And THIS happens:



SO...yesterday, I, with the help of my sister Samantha, cleaned and rearranged the girls' room and moved ALL TOYS (except the doll house and one SMALL basket of toys) into their room.  And guess what...IT ALL FIT!  (Well, it helped that I threw out 2 big garbage bags full of toys too.)

Here are the befores:


Toy Boxes in catch-all area off of the kitchen



Books.  Obviously we were mid-organization at some point and got side-tracked.



Little People Stuff.  Everytime I pack this away, it seems to re-emerge.  Why?



Dollhouse.  Obviously no party going on today.  :(



Their room before.
1.  YES.  Those are bunk beds.
2.  YES.  We still have the hardware to stack them.
3.  YES.  My kids like to play on them when they are stacked.
4.  YES.  There is twice as much room when they are stacked.
5.  NO.  My kids will NOT sleep on them if they are stacked. :~/



Since the beds aren't stacked, there is no room for them to play, and everything just gets tossed on the floor in front of the closet when they "clean up".



No.  They don't watch TV on this.  It was only for their V-Smile Video Games, and it didn't make the cut when rearranging so it's gone now.



The incredibly messy closet.  But Thank God for the built-ins...we'd have no room for a dresser!



The bins of misc. toys that were under their beds.



OK - got the beds moved!!



Now we must tackle THAT!



No Sam...this isn't about ME!



The stuffed animals and baby dolls found new homes in bins under the bed or in the bitty baby crib! And no, that baby isn't mooning you...I swear.



The Books After.  I told Sam there was NO WAY she was going to fit all the books on there.  She did.  She Rocks.



Still need Maya to grow so we can get rid of those clothes though!



Oh it looks so pretty.  Don't mind the crazy blue paint.  I started a project I never finished.  Surprise.  Imperfect person.  ;) 

I'm gunna paint it this summer though.  I promise.  ;)



Bella woke up in her own bed this morning, sat up, and said, "Mommy.  I really like our new room.  Thanks." 

You are welcome baby.  You are welcome.  Now go clean up your toys. ;)

0 people said...: