Jan 6, 2010

Fun with Mosaics!




Belle's cousins Olivia and Lila sent Bella a cool Magnetic Mosaic "toy" (for lack of a better word) for Christmas.  I was expecting hard, small, plastic mosaic pieces.  Instead, they are larger, soft, foam pieces.  Way Cooler than I expected.  :)

So the other day Belle and I sat down and made some pictures while Maya was napping.  Special Mommy/Bella time is rare now-a-days, so it was a nice treat. 

We made a teddy bear...





(She's been conditioned to smile whenever she sees the camera now...how do I make that go away?  Sometimes I just want her natural expression... :~/ )



(Even though her smile is gorgeous!  :) )



We also made a girl jumping rope.  (Actually, we made the girl first, but I didn't have my camera out yet, and the story goes better if you start with un-finished ones.  ;) )





Then Maya woke up and showed us what a good job she's been doing writing her name.  :)  Now, if we could only manage to teach her the other 23 letters of the alphabet.  ;)


1 people said...:

Auntie Jennifer said...

wow, i thought they were small tiles also. the pictures are beautiful!