Jan 12, 2010

Barbie

We visited The Children's Museum of Indianapolis this weekend.  While the rest of the grownups took the younger kids to Playscape, Bella and I wandered through the new Barbie exhibit.  I was not expecting to be excited about it, but once I walked in, it was so pink and girly and as I saw more and more Barbies and accessories that reminded me of my childhood, I grew more and more giddy.

 

This isn't the first thing we saw, but it was my favorite...the Chihuly-inspired Barbie.  I want it.  Bad.


 
 

So, back on track. 

Here's some info about Barbie's "Mom"



The Bella Barbie



Here are some Barbies designed by famous designers

 
 
 
 

Now...Barbie through the years...Belle asked me at every window,

"Mommy...did you have that?"
 
"Nope.  Before my time."

"Mommy did you have that camper?"

"Either I did or Brookie did.  It rocked!"

"OOOO...what about the pool?"

"Yup.  We had some kind of pool."


"Did you have that cool car and that BIG house?"

"No..." (wipes away tears...) "...but I really WANTED it."

"Look Mom!  Rock Barbies!"


"Yup...we had a couple of those!"

"Ooo...I want that house mommy!!!"

"Yeah...me too Belle...me too..."

"Thank you for calling Barbie Headquarters.  How may I help you?"



Life-size Designs...

The Nicole Miller
 


Koi Suwannagate


And my fav...Betsey Johnson!


Bella - The Fashion Model!!




 

 

 




And Belle the Hair Stylist...

 

 

Then, it was Bella the Fashion Designer



 

 

 



And, just a few more Barbies...

Like Pregnant Barbie...





And one picture of Ken.  :)
 

This was life size.  Pretty Cool.  Pretty Pretty.


All in all...VERY cool and I want to go back and spend more time there...and in the new Egypt exhibit...which I will post about later. 

Later Princesses!

1 people said...:

Brooke Laufer said...

I had the barbie house and the barbie head (I wanted to be a hairstylist for at least 2 years), and I miss them both!!!!