Feb 19, 2010

Who's That Girl?



So, yes, that's me, at DisneyLand for the first time ever. 

St Patrick's Day, 1980.

I was 5 and a half.

I lost my first tooth there.

Or so I thought...see the two big teeth coming in?  I'm already missing 3 teeth.

I have to admit, I was slightly deflated when I saw this picture. 

But then, I looked at the other pictures my mommy sent me.

And everything was ok.  Wanna know why? 

Well, look for yourself...


That's my mommy in the middle.  Compare that to the picture of me above.
(Here...let me post it for you again...)


Now, I think we can all agree that I'm the spittin' image of my mother.

We've all known this for many years.

We didn't, however, realize this...


That's my mom on the left.


That's Maya.

So...if you followed that twisty turny logic...

I look like my mommy...

Maya looks like my mommy...

That means...

MAYA LOOKS LIKE ME!!!!!

I have a child that looks like me! 

I'm the luckist mommy ever! 

Now, in case you don't see it and need a close up of that Gma/Maya comparison...



This made up for the dissolution of one of my favorite childhood memories, easy. 

4 people said...:

Bargain is the New Black Gal said...

Maya TOTALLY looks like your mom! That is awesome Em!

I'm Emily said...

I know, right? Isn't it cool? That means she looks like ME!!! :) :) At least one of my children does. ;)

Courtney Powers-Graff said...

She totally does look like your mom and you!

Julie said...

Too cute!! Enjoyed my visit to your blog!

Julie
www.equusvilla.blogspot.com
www.ridingaside.blogspot.com