Nov 25, 2009

Why so judgemental?

So, I was talking with my friends about this Homeschooling stuff...cuz, well, they are who I go to for EVERYTHING.  Well, one friend says, "I would never do that to my children!" like if I decided to homeschool my pre-schooler I would be doing her harm and making her childhood miserable.  Now, I have a few reactions to this

1- I don't look at it ass doing something TO my children, but rather FOR my children.  Maya is MISERABLE in school...almost every ounce of me says she isn't ready to be there. 

2 - Why are some people so judgemental of homeschooling?  I get that it seems "weird" or "extreme" to some people, but seriously, how does it affect you if I, an educated, loving, caring mother, want to teach my kids myself instead of sending them to public schools where the teachers are already overwhelmed?  You would think they'd be happy that there were less kids in the class, the same tax dollars, and the same number of teachers.  Seems like a win-win for everyone...so why so judgemental?

0 people said...: